Spring is coming (it’s technically here but I still need winter tires cause… Canada….). So that means it’s time to clean your car and de-winterize it!!!
What To Do As The Weather Gets Better
- Get your winter tires off and your summer (or better yet all season tires) on
- Replace your wipers
- Take your vehicle to the mechanic
- Clean your car out thoroughly.
- Remove all your winter safety gear and put it back into storage.
What To Get Your Mechanic To Check
- Your breaks. Salt does a number on your vehicle over the winter months, so have your breaks inspected.
- Have them top up your fluids.
- Change your air filter.
- Check your AC to ensure it’s working.
- Do an alignment check. Roads are a disaster in the winter months and you probably hit a few pot holes. So get your alignment checked.
- Check your headlights for fogging and cracks
- Test your battery. The major change in temperatures can affect your battery, so have them test it.
- Check your belts. Again, salt does a number on your vehicle, so make sure your belts remain intact.
Clean Out Your Car
If you’re anything like me, your car hasn’t been cleaned since Winter began with the exception of removing garbage.
- Wipe down the dust that has collected in your car over the Winter months.
- Vacuum out your car completely
- Wash out the outside of your car thoroughly and give it a good wax job.
- Change your mats back to your carpeted ones.
- Add a new air freshener that’s spring-smelling.
Redecorate Your Car
Make your car fun again! For great ideas click here to see my must-haves for my car!
What are your best tips, tricks, and absolute must-haves for de-winterizing your car? I’d love to hear about them in the comment section!