You don’t have to go over board while putting together a post surgery care package. Honestly, the fact you even thought of them will mean so much to them.
My family has an oddly high amount of surgeries, so I’ve gotten used to preparing to keep someone comfortable while they recover from surgery.
- Tonsil Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Eye Trauma
- Dental Implants
- Prepare Your Child For Surgery
**Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you**
Basic Items You can Include:
- Ice Packs. Most surgery recoveries are extremely painful and require ice packs to keep swelling down. Gifting ice packs is always a sweet gesture. My absolute fav are magic bags. They’re reusable, and you can contour them to ice body parts easier and with less pain.
- Fluffy Pillows or Throw Blankets. If they’re going to be bedridden for a bit, they may love having something soft and cuddly to cuddle up with. We have this blanket and it’s our official sick/surgery recovery blanket as its the best! Super soft and fuzzy AND it’s a heating blanket.
- Favourite treats. Favourite teas, cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. are great things that are extremely appreciated by anyone recovering from a surgery.
- Things to keep them occupied on bedrest: Books or puzzles are great items as well as they will help keep boredom afar.
- Comfy items to lay around in. PJ’s, slippers, or even fuzzy socks are great options.
Alternate Ideas To a Care Package
If you don’t feel confident in the care package idea, you can always offer your help.
- Offer to drive them to appointments, or do some light housework for them. Mow their lawn or shovel their driveway.
- You could make them something to eat like soup, crockpot meal, or a freezer meal. If they will be on a soft food diet click here to read about my recommendations).
- You could offer to come over and hang out and watch a movie or something. They could probably use a friendly smile and a couple of laughs.
What are your best ideas for creating a post surgery care package? I would love to hear about them in the comment section.
Leave a Reply