Picking out gifts for construction workers can be tricky. If you’re not a construction worker yourself, you may not even realize how many things you could get a construction worker that would be extremely appreciated. So, I’ve put together a list of the absolute best gifts you can get for construction workers.
**Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you**
Construction workers rarely update their wardrobes, even though we tear through our clothes at impressive rates. I have t-shirts that honestly can’t even be turned into rags at this point, yet they’re still used as shirts.
Just in case the person you are shopping for is brand name picky: Carhartt is the biggest name brand on job sites.
- Construction Pants: I can’t speak for everyone, but the thing I recommend you check for in work pants is pockets. I personally can’t wear pants without pockets on the side of the leg. For men, I recommend these work pants. They have side pockets and a loop for the hammer. For women, it gets tricky as that honestly depends on the female. Some like tighter pants, and some (like myself) like them baggy. And if she likes pockets (also, like myself) good luck. The great female pocket issue exists in work pants too. I do recommend these though for women for the winter months as they’re fleece lined and super comfy.
- T-Shirts: We LOVE t-shirts! They get wrecked super quick so we’re always super appreciative of t-shirts. I recommend ones like this or like this. I’m not going to give a female version as we typically wear men’s shirts.
- Hoodies: Again, you can’t go wrong with hoodies!
- Boots: If you really know the person, then work boots or a gift certificate for work boots is always appreciated. We typically go through a pair every 6 months and they’re expensive.
Winter wear for construction workers can get super expensive. For a more detailed list of what I recommend for winter work wear click here.
- Jackets: We need really good jackets to be able to work in the elements. For men, I would recommend this one and for women, I own and highly recommend this one.
- Heated Jackets or vests: I’m not a huge fan of these but some people love them. I find them annoying as the battery runs out quickly and is constantly needed to be charged.
- Toques: Toques are another must-have! Highly recommend this one.
- Thermal Wear: You can’t go wrong with long johns or waffle long-sleeved shirts.
- T-Max Socks: These are amazing in the fight to keep our feet warm in our steel-toed boots.
There are so many amazing gadgets that help us keep our food and drinks warm. For more in-depth information on that, click here to read about my best lunch ideas for construction workers.
- Thermos: Having hot soup in a thermos for lunch is one of my fav things when working in the cold. I also use it for oatmeal for my first break.
- Portable Crock Pot: This crockpot is a lifesaver! You pop soup or stew into it and then plug it in on the first break. By lunchtime, your lunch is perfectly cooked and you have a yummy hot meal.
- Electric Lunch Box or Portable Oven: Again, Just plug it in on the first break and by lunchtime, you have a hot meal.
- Travel Mugs:
- Water Bottles:
I highly do not recommend purchasing tools unless you know for a fact what it is they want. If you want to help them with tools I would recommend a gift card for Home Depot or Home Hardware. It allows them to choose what they need and (in Canada) they can write off a percentage of their tools, so you’re helping them out a bit as now they have a receipt for tax time.
Other items I would recommend:
- Gift Cards: Gift cards for Tim Hortons, Mcdonald’s, or wherever they get coffee is a great idea. Bigger gift cards for Marks Work Warehouse or Home Depot are also appreciated.
- Carhartt backpack/lunch kit:
If you have any tips, tricks, or must-have gift ideas for construction workers, I would love to hear about them in the comment section.
Leave a Reply