Every woman has their must-have car accessories! Thankfully I no longer have littles anymore so there’s no longer a need to have a minivan full of toys, snacks and crumbs. Having two teenagers has allowed me to regain full control over my vehicle again!
Between running between business meetings, working on job sites, grocery shopping, and driving my son around like a chauffeur, I find it gets confusing to keep my car organized for all the different roles I play in a day.
Below are my top 6 must-have car accessories for car organization that work for me, and hopefully will help you too
1. Garbage Cans:
Garbage cans are a MUST! I have no idea why, but I accumulate a ton of garbage throughout the day. So I keep these 2 cute little garbage cans in my driver and passenger side doors. I also have this bigger garbage can in the back seat of my car. It is waterproof and attaches to my middle consul. I empty them on Sundays when I fill my car up with gas (Click here to read about my Sunday routine).
2. Middle Consul Area:
My middle consul area is where most of my magic happens.
In the bottom of my consul I keep:
- A bag with Tampons, floss, toothbrushes
- a tool that can break windows and cut your seatbelt in case of emergencies. It came in my car emergency kit but I figure it would be more helpful in the event of an emergency if I keep it here.
I bought an upper part for my consul off of amazon. It adds an extra area for storage and holds a ton! Just type in “centre console” and your make and model of your vehicle and tons of options will pop up. I keep:
- A notebook
- A spare retainer case (I’m still wearing my clear ones during the day)
- A case for my charging cords
- Coins in case I need to cross the bridge.
In front of the consul, my car has a cute area where I can store pens and pencils. I also throw a ton of elastics on my shifter (this has saved me so many times! I constantly need an elastic).
For my cupholders, I got these protector things as they’re so cute, but also functional given the number of times I spill things in my cupholder.
3. Glove box:
My glove box contains:
- A cloth to wipe things down
- My owner manuals
- This cute holder for my insurance and registration
- Perfume (never know when ill need a quick spritz) in here.
4. Visor Organization:
My driver’s visor has a mirror for me to do a quick check before I head into a meeting. My passenger visor has this tissue holder that I keep disposable masks in as well as an air freshener from bath and body works.
5. Back Seat Area:
I utilize the pockets in the back of the driver and passenger side as much as possible.
Behind the passenger seat is where I keep:
- my log books
- workplace accident forms
- hazard assessment forms
If I keep them on a job site they’re guaranteed to get lost or wrecked, and if I keep them at home they’re guaranteed to be forgotten. Keeping them in the car means they get used every day and stay safe.
And behind the driver’s seat, I bought this cute holder that clips onto the pocket. I keep:
- Extra masks
- Facial wipes (must have for after working a long day on site)
- Lysol wipes to clean up spills
- Forgotten small tools in my pocket so I have them on me to return the next day.
I also have these hooks that clip onto the back of my seats. If I’m working on-site they hold up my backpack and winter jacket, and if I’m doing normal things it holds my purse.
6. Trunk organization:
I have this amazing organization thing for my trunk. It holds:
- All of my cleaning products
- My first aid kit (Click here to read more about my first aid recommendations)
- Grocery bags
- roadside emergency kit.
I also have another bin where I keep my gloves, hard hats, and safety glasses.
So those are my 6 car must-have accessories that keep me organized. If you have any suggestions or want to tell me your must have’s, leave them in the comment section and ill absolutely take a look and hopefully incorporate it into mine!